Lately I have been very lucky that four bloggers have nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Award. It’s lovely to be recognised by your fellow bloggers, especially considering I haven’t really been doing anything all that special – well, at least I don’t think so!
I don’t want to sound ungrateful but I do want to tell the truth. I consider these awards to be virtual chain letters, considering there isn’t really an “award” and you have to then nominate usually a crazy amount of people (AKA forwarding). So this is just a quick post to say thank you to those who have nominated me and give them some link love and then answer a few of their questions. But I won’t be forwarding these awards on.
I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by The Mind of an Eclecticist. I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Ginger Loves Makeup, Taken at Face Value and Bubbles & Blush. Please visit these sites and have a look around!
And now, here are seven interesting (well, I don’t necessarily think they’ll be fascinating!) things about myself, as per the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
- I am vegetarian
- my favourite food is capsicum
- my favourite band is The Beatles; favourite song is The Long and Winding Road
- I do not have any pets, although I would love to!
- I am going travelling in Europe for three months starting October 6
- while I love nail polish, on a day-to-day basis I only wear mascara and lip gloss, no other make-up at all apart for special events.
I’ve made a mish-mash of 10 questions from the three Liebster Award nominations, as I don’t know how I would go answering 30 questions! Talk about the Spanish Inquisition!
- If you only had time to see ONE animal at the zoo, which would it be? Elephants. My favourite animals.
- What is the inspiration behind your blog name? I decided on Dry, Dammit! because I am so impatient when it comes to nail polish drying time!
- Chocolate or biscuits? Chocolate! I dislike the texture of biscuits.
- What advice would you give to your 10-year-old self? Don’t be scared of the unknown.
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Europe, somewhere. Probably Holland.
- If you could learn another language what would it be? Dutch. My family is Dutch.
- Would you prefer coffee or tea? Coffee! I drink tea, but only occasionally.
- If you had to name one essential beauty product, what would it be? Lip gloss. You can never have too many lip glosses. Oh, and nail polish!
- What is your favourite season of the year and why? Winter as I get to rug up and wear fun things like tights with dresses and big jackets.
- If you could do any job in the world, what would you choose? Editor of a weekly national newspaper. I used to work as a sub-editor and now work privately in comms, so I’d like to get back into newspapers, be it hard copy or online.