Whoa! Long title, hey? Today I bring you day eight of The Cuteberry Nail Challenge, which is your favourite album cover. My all-time favourite band is The Beatles. I have always loved The Beatles, but it wasn’t until university when I started to fully appreciate their greatness. My favourite album by far is Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. I’m not totally sure why either… there’s just something about it that appeals to me. I mean, this album started the whole concept album trend that was made big by other bands such as Pink Floyd and Genesis.
The Beatles’ Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album. Image courtesy of Wikipedia.
So I took the inspiration for my nail art from the cover of the album, namely the colours John, Ringo, Paul and George are wearing as well as the white button-y things on the front of their clothes.
Polishes I used:
- Ulta3 Pink Hibiscus (pink)
- Ulta3 Coral reef (orange)
- Revlon Love Hurts (the green side called Love)
- Mode Cosmetics Hook Me Up (blue)
- Kiss Nail Art Paint striper in white
I really liked this nail design, even if it may be a little abstract. But there was no way I could replicate the whole album; I’m not even sure if the best nail artists could!
Anywho, this week I also received some awesome nail mail: my September What’s In-die Box?! This month’s theme is Sex and the City. I will be able to give you more information when I swatch them on the weekend, but at this stage I have to say I am a little underwhelmed by the polishes. I love Sex and the City and none of them lived up to my expectations apart from one from Peita’s Polish. I have below the packaging and some bottle shots for you.
It came in perfect packaging, as always! Very exciting to unwrap each polish.
Here they all are, from left to right, Lilypad Lacquer City Lights, Glam Polish Carrie Me Away!, Emily de Molly Neutral Agreement, Peita’s Polish Labels or Love and Celestial I Miss New York.
A close-up of Lilypad Lacquer City Lights. (I’ll give detailed descriptions of the polishes when I swatch them over the weekend.)
Glam Polish Carrie Me Away!
Emily de Molly Neutral Agreement.
Peita’s Polish Labels or Love.
Celestial I Miss New York.
So, that’s it for me. Sorry about another long post but I just have so much to post about lately! By the way, my favourite Beatle is Ringo, if you were wondering. Thanks for reading!
- M&M’s nail art: The Cuteberry Nail Challenge day 1
- Ulta3 Cocoa & coffee nail art: The Cuteberry Nail Challenge day 2
- The Cuteberry Nail Challenge day 3: Wonder Woman nails
- The Cuteberry Nail Challenge day 4: Denim nails
- piCture pOlish Cosmos & The Cuteberry Nail Challenge day 5: Whale nails
- The Cuteberry Nail Challenge day 6: Winter nails
- The Cuteberry Nail Challenge day 7: Sarah Jessica Parker nails