Hello! Today I have something a bit different for you – my entry into a Indie Polish Nail Art Contest hosted by Nails by Kayla Shevonne.
The whole idea of the contest – if you haven’t gathered from the name – is to create a nail art design with indie nail polish(es). This is very challenging considering most indies are glitters as opposed to a solid colour. You can use non-indie polishes but they mustn’t be the ‘star’ of the show, if you know what I mean.
As you can see, I decided to go with skittle design also incorporating a diamond shape on top in a complementary colour. The polishes I used were:
- Pointer finger – Gloss ‘n Sparkle Fruit Tingle and Alanna Renee Purple Addiction
- Middle finger – Emily de Molly Ego Friendly and Ador Beauty Supplies Kokomo
- Ring finger – WingDustCollections Hope and Ador Beauty Supplies Lux
- Pinky – Love Thy Polish Peppermint Patty and Emily de Molly Stuck on Blue
- I used a black Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen to outline the diamonds
I’m very excited about this competition! There’s a few entries now and the calibre is high, so I’ve got my fingers crossed. There’s three prizes up for grabs and they all sound great.
So, what do you think of my design? Reckon it’s a winner? Thanks for reading!