Erin of ErinZi’s Nails has kindly nominated me for the Best Blog Award. Now, I know I am the new kid on the block, but I am totally honoured by this.
To participate in this award you need to answer the 11 questions asked of you by the blog that nominated you. The nominee then nominates up to 20 other blogs with less than 200 followers and asks 11 questions of them. These awards are for a bit of fun and there’s the extra bonus of networking with other bloggers. You don’t need to pass the nomination on if you don’t want to.
Read on for my answers to Erin’s questions as well as my nominees.
Erin’s 11 questions are:
1. Where are you from?
I live in Tasmania, Australia. Currently I live in the capital city Hobart, but originally I am from a small mining town called Rosebery on the west coast of Tasmania.
2. How often do you do your nails?
Lately I’ve been trying to do my nails every day, but it’s proving difficult! Otherwise it’s every second day, unless I attempt some nail art, then I try to keep it on longer.
3. What’s your favorite nail art? Tape, detailed, water marble, etc.
My favourite nail art is tape, purely because it’s so easy and accessible and I am so lazy. I would like to become better at dotting and freehand line drawing.
4. What was your first polish?
Ah, tough. I think it was a Covergirl polish in a Christmas gift pack from my aunty. It was a taupe colour and came with a matching lipstick. I’m not sure what I did with it, but I don’t own it anymore.
5. What color of polish do you have the most? Is it your favorite color?
Easy – purple. And yes, purple is my favourite colour. Blue polish comes a close second, which is weird because blue floods my cuticles terribly and I find it the most difficult to clean up.
6. What do you usually do at weekends?
I go running and I also volunteer for the Red Cross.
7. Top three favorite polishes.
- OPI It’s My Year
- Revlon Plum Seduction
- Emily de Molly It’s Complicated / Max Factor Fantasy Fire
But these are constantly changing!
8. How did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted to put all my pictures of my manicures in one place, plus also I like taking photos and writing.
9. Recommend five fav nail blogs.
I have so many all-time favourite blogs! But here are five excellent ones.
10. How long have you been into nails and how did you get into it?
I have been into nails for a bit over a year now. I got into it actually through OPI White Shatter! I was totally obsessed with it. I got it for about AU$3 reduced to clear and wore it with Revlon No Shrinking Violet, then I met a girl at work who was into nails and she showed me her OPI collection… and the rest was history!
11. What’s your most hated nail art trend?
I really am not into caviar nails!
The blogs I nominate are:
- Tin Roof Nails
- Novice Nails (but I can’t seem to contact Kirsty in any way as I am not on Blogger 😦 )
My 11 questions are:
- How did you get into nail blogging?
- What is your favourite retail brand and why?
- What is your favourite indie brand and why?
- What is the best manicure you’ve ever done?
- Do you have any other interests apart from nails?
- What is your no.1 source of inspiration?
- How many polishes do you own?
- What is your favourite colour?
- What was the first polish you owned?
- What’s your best-kept nail secret?
- What nail art trend do you wish you could rock?
Again, I want to thank Erin for nominating me. Go and check out her blog! I will be adding more blogs as I stumble upon them. Thanks for reading!